Oakdale firefighters in addition to units from Modesto responded to a pair of homes on fire on Gina Way in Oakdale about 9:15 p.m. Monday, June 13.
The fire, in the 1100 block of Gina Way, off River Avenue, spread from one home to the other and fire crews said both homes had major damage due to electrical panels and gas lines being burned out, making the homes uninhabitable.
One person was rescued by police, officials said, found unconscious inside one of the smoky homes and PG&E was called to the scene to turn off the gas.
Fire officials said it appeared the fire started in one home and then spread from the garage to the attic of the nearby home.
Several firefighters and pieces of apparatus were dispatched to the scene, with the flames brought under control relatively quickly, but the mop up detail taking a few hours.