By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Police Busy Seeking Out Brazen Burglars
Placeholder Image

Oakdale Police are keeping busy following up on leads to identify the suspects in what looks to be two related brazen mid-day burglaries from Tuesday morning, Sept. 4.

At 11:14 a.m. police units responded to a “suspicious circumstance” call involving a grey Ford pick-up truck seen leaving the area of a residential neighborhood where a kicked in door of a house was also reported.

Minutes after their arrival to the area, police received another call of a residential burglary that had just occurred in the same manner in the 500 Block of Ranger Street. Witnesses at that location also reported that the suspects had fled in a grey Ford pick-up.

During the second incident, Oakdale Police Lieutenant Mike Nixon said that a witness noticed an occupant sitting in a grey pick-up parked on Stetson Drive near Ranger Street and went to approach the driver. When the witness got near the car, he noticed another subject running down the street with a big-screen television and get into the truck.

According to the police report, the driver brandished a handgun at the witness and sped off.

The witness was able to get identifying information about the truck that has resulted in leads for investigators.

Nixon said that no one was in residence during the first burglary, however at the Ranger Street address the home was occupied by the residents.

“They’re brazen, that’s for sure,” said Nixon. “They’re just kicking in doors and getting what they want.”

Police don’t know at this time if the suspects had previously targeted the homes they burglarized or knew the victims.

In addition to the burglaries, detectives are still working a rape case from Friday, Aug. 31 where a 23-year-old woman reported she was sexually assaulted around 1:30 a.m. on the 500 block of Greger Street.

The woman told police she had been taking a walk and sat on the curb when she was accosted by an unknown man wearing a mask. The man took her to an open field where he sexually assaulted her. He fled the area on foot and is still at large.

Nixon said the investigation is continuing as investigators are trying to locate the exact location of the offense and make contact with neighbors.

“Since it happened after one in the morning, it makes it difficult to locate witnesses,” said Nixon.

Anyone with information regarding any of these offenses should contact investigators at the Oakdale Police Department (209) 845-3571.