By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Early Morning Pursuit Leads To Arrests
Oakdale Police reported the arrest of Jared Joseph Dykes, 19, of Oakdale on Saturday morning, Jan. 25 following a vehicle pursuit through the city. Photo Courtesy Oakdale Police Department

Oakdale Police made an early morning arrest Saturday, Jan. 25 following a pursuit and subsequent vehicle crash. The vehicle was determined to have been stolen out of Waterford.

According to the police report, just after 2:30 a.m. on Jan. 25, Oakdale Police were pursuing a possible DUI driver. The driver, who was driving a 1997 red Honda Accord, initially ran a stop sign at North First Avenue and Poplar Street, and began driving with willful disregard for public safety. An Oakdale Police Department officer attempted to conduct a traffic enforcement stop, but the driver failed to yield. The driver then led Oakdale officers on a high-speed chase through the City of Oakdale.

The driver was later identified as Jared Joseph Dykes, 19, of Oakdale. Officers said he lost control of the vehicle he was driving, and collided with a power pole in the 100 block of North Maag Avenue. Dykes and his juvenile passenger were both taken into custody without incident following the collision.

Upon further investigation officers determined the red Honda Accord driven by Dykes was a reported stolen vehicle out of Waterford.

The Oakdale Police Department had previously arrested Dykes back in 2019 for similar charges. On May 11, 2019 at 2:19 p.m., Oakdale Police received a call regarding a suspicious vehicle left unattended by a male subject in the 400 block of South Maag Avenue. When officers arrived on scene they discovered an unoccupied Honda Accord had been tagged with spray paint. The vehicle was coming back stolen out of Oakdale.

Upon further investigation in that 2019 case, officers were led to the 1300 block of Grand Oak Way where Dykes was taken into custody for vehicle theft. Police said he committed vehicle theft on both May 9, 2019 and May 10, 2019, with both Hondas out of Oakdale.