The Oakdale Police Officer’s Association would like to thank the citizens of Oakdale for all their support this year as we faced the tough economic times together. We were faced with layoffs (8) that would have seriously affected the safety of you and your family. The Oakdale Police Officer Association chose to take the following concessions in order to preserve the level of safety you deserve.
1) Switching to a new medical insurance provider, which saved approximately 5 percent or $80,000.
2) Agreed to take 12 furlough days saving approximately $102,220.
3) Yearly physical fitness program saving $15,772.
4) Two Sergeants took demotions, Admin Sergeant Position, Detective Sergeant Position, Dispatch Supervisor position, two Detective positions, one Motor officer, and two School Resource officers moving all to patrol. Saving $132,970.
5) Accepted $30,000 from RDA Fund for a Gang and Graffiti POP project.
6) Left two police officer positions unfilled.
7) Took over the Crossing guard duties.
8) Gave up uniform allowance for 2009-2010.
Once again the Oakdale Police Officer’s Association (sworn and non-sworn) would like to thank you for your support, especially the 1,200 of you that signed our petition. You can rest assured the men and women of the Oakdale Police Officer’s Association will continue to do everything in our power to provide professional law enforcement, keeping Oakdale a safe community to live and work in.
Oakdale Police Officer’s Association